Signs There is Mold in Your Home

Do you think that you have mold growing in your home?


If you suspect you may have mold in your home, our team of technicians can help identify and remove it. Mold can thrive in bathrooms, attics, crawlspaces, and anywhere in the house and can also cause certain health conditions if not cared for by a professional. At Vent Doctor, we are committed to helping our community and acting as a resource to educate people about mold. Below, we break down what mold is, the benefits of removing it, and signs that it is present in your home.


What is mold?


Many people have heard of the term mold, but what is it exactly?


Mold is a form of fungus, and several different types can grow outdoors and indoors. Molds produce spores, which are spread by drifting around in the air, decreasing the air quality in your home and cause health conditions. Moist and warm climates are where mold spores thrive the most and begin to grow in damp areas.


Mold can grow on fabric, wood, glass, plastic, and more. With mold potentially causing long-term damage to your home and health, it’s essential to have a specialist assess the severity and safely remove it.


Benefits of removing mold


Mold can cause a range of issues, so we strive to take every precaution to ensure that we keep everything contained to prevent further damage and problems. Our mold removal technicians will assist you in deciding the best course of action for your home. We understand that mold removal can seem overwhelming, and we work with you to avoid disrupting your schedule. There are many benefits of mold removal, and all of them revolve around the safety of your health and home.

  • Reduce the spread of mold

  • Improve air quality

  • Increase the value of your home

Signs of mold

Mold can be present in many different areas of your home. If you know what to look for, it can be easier to detect and call a professional to remove it safely. Below is a list of some of the signs that there is mold in your home.

  • There is a musty odor

  • Limited light

  • A nearby source of moisture

  • You see warping, cracking, or peeling off of the item it is on

  • Cold symptoms